HOW TO BUY A SCYTHE
IF YOU WANT TO BUY A SCYTHE YOU CAN DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
(1) VISIT THE STORE You can save on postage by coming to the store, less than a mile from the A35 on the Dorset/Devon border. My store does not follow regular shop hours. Please phone and/or e-mail to make an appointment and avoid disappointment. I don't take cards so you will need either a chequebook, or cash, or the ability to make a bank transfer from a mobile phone. If you require a bit of tuition when you come to buy a scythe, please let me know when you make an appointment.
(2) REGIONAL DISTRIBUTORS You may be able to get what you need from any one of these regional distributors, who may also be able to give you some tuition:
Cumbria: Steve Tomlin http://scytherspace.wordpress.com/complete-beginners-scythe-kit/
Dyfed, Wales: Phil Batten http://scythecymru.wordpress.com/
North Wales: Sion Jinkinson sion_jinkinson(at)hotmail.com
East Sussex: Beth Tilston. bethtilston(at)googlemail.com
West Sussex: Mark Allery firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Midlands: Jeremy Hastings firstname.lastname@example.org
Wiltshire: Chris Riley chris(at)pratensis.net
Devon: Alastair Inglis al.inglis(at)yahoo.co.uk
Somerset: Andi Rickard email@example.com
Cambridge: Jim McVittie dalefield(at)ntlworld.com
East Anglia: Richard Brown http://wildseed.co.uk/products/category/scythes
(3) TELEPHONE OR EMAIL ADVICE Ring me and I will take the time to advise you on the best blade and snath for your requirements over the phone. You can ring daytime or evening until 11pm. If I am not by the phone please leave an answerphone message. If you have trouble contacting me, send an email or ring on Monday between 10 am and 1 pm when I am nearly always in attendance (or Tuesdays after a bank holiday).
(4) PAYMENT BY CHEQUE If you already know what you want, check the price on our price list, print out and fill in the order form, and send it with a cheque, postal order or cash to the address below. You don't have to use the order form, you can use your own paper, but please don't forget to give: (i) your address, and telephone or e-mail so we can contact you if there is a problem (ii) your height if you want to buy a snath. Please do not assume, if you have talked to me on the phone, that I already have all the details. If you send cash, you are advised to send it recorded delivery.
(5) PAYMENT BY BANK TRANSFER Though I prefer cheques I can take bank transfer payments. If you want to pay by bank transfer, please email me and I will send you an order form for you to fill in and send back when you have completed the transfer. If you represent an organization/company I can supply on the basis of a numbered purchase order. SORRY, I DON'T ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS
(6) TRAINING COURSE Come to one of my courses, and test out equipment before you buy it. Or find out about courses elsewhere on the Scythe Association website http://scytheassociation.org/courses/
PHONE NUMBER: 01297 561359 . During the summer we experience very heavy demand, and my answerphone is likely to be full up. An email will be more reliable.
POSTAL ADDRESS: Simon Fairlie (Scythes), Monkton Wyld Court, Charmouth, Bridport, Dorset DT6 6DQ, UK .
Return to Home Page